Ryan is honored to be chosen as a candidate for LLS Man of the year. This is a very personal cause for Ryan, he is currently fighting Leukemia! Read more about his own battle against cancer... (click on pic)
Throughout Ryan's own cancer journey he has met some extraordinary kids, teenagers and adults also fighting the beast. Read more about their stories... (click on pic)
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Man & Woman of the Year campaign is a national 10- week campaign to raise funds to find a cure for blood cancers. This high level fundraising competition calls on motivated leaders to make their mark against cancer. Through their participation, they vie for the honor of being the Man or Woman of the Year.
Ryan's campaign will take place from April 7 through June 17, 2017 and his goal is to break records and become the NATIONAL Man of the Year!
• The mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
• LLS has invested over $1 Billion in the best and brightest researchers across the globe. They are currently funding 250 active academic grants and 18 therapy acceleration programs, which means LLS is making better cancer treatments available to patients, faster.
• LLS isn’t dedicated to just blood cancer cures and treatments – they are dedicated to curing cancer. 67 FDA Approved drugs to treat cancer since 2000, just about half were originally intended to treat blood cancers and many of those were advanced by LLS. Stem cell transplants, bone marrow transplants – both treatments were first discovered in LLS funded research.
• Additionally, LLS provides patient support for patients and families - including financial aid, support groups, education programs and a community of support.
• LLS is among the most powerful, successful, impactful and respected non-profits in America. And the only way LLS can continue to be at the top of the game is through fundraising campaigns and generous donations from volunteers around the world.
Ryan Visits Rady Childrens Hospital
Ryan's Warrior Horses for Warrior Kids